Dr. T. SUBRAMANYESHWAR RAO
Qualification: MBBS, MS(Gen. Surgery), MCh(Surgical Oncology)
Experience: 30 Years.
Dr. T Subramanyeshwar Rao has been involved in cancer care for over 25 years. His clinical areas of interest are minimal access surgery with a special focus on thoracic, gastrointestinal, gynecologic and genitourinary cancers. As the Medical Director and Chief of Surgical Oncology, he is involved in treating cancer patients belonging to various strata of society with diversity in access to health care facilities and financial resources. He has always aimed to achieve the best patient outcomes comparable to developed countries, even in a resource-constrained setting. He has been instrumental in starting M. Ch Surgical Oncology in MNJ Institute of Oncology & Regional Cancer Center and DNB Specialty & DrNB Superspeciality programs at Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital. He has vast experience as a Proctor for various live operative workshops, conferences and symposiums. As the Convener of the Academic Council of the Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO), he is also instrumental in conducting teaching programs to disseminate expert knowledge without any geographical limitations. He reviews various journals in Surgical, Gynec and Thoracic oncology. He believes in patient-centric compassionate cancer care, teaching & skill enhancement, constant learning, innovation and collaborative research.
Senior House Officer in Dept. of G.S., Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad from Jan, 1st To Dec 1989.
Post Graduate Student in M.S. (Gen.Sur) from Jan 1990 To Apr 1993.
Resident Surgeon in Dept. of Sur. Onc., Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore from May 1993 To Dec 1993.
Post Doctoral Student in M.Ch.(Surgical Oncology) in Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore from Jan 1994 to Dec 1996.
MNJ Institute of Oncology & Regional Cancer Centre
Asst. Prof. of Surgical Oncology, from Jan 1998 to Aug 2004.
Professor of Surgical Oncology, From Aug 2004 till June 2010
Director &Head of Surgical Oncology, Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Institute since July 2010
M.Ch and DNB in Surgical Oncology
Started M Ch and DNB courses in Surgical Oncology
Thoracic, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary and Gynaecological Cancers.
Senior Hockey Nationals – 1987.
B2 division and Zonals .. Hyderabad Cricket Association
Captained Kakatiya University & South Zone Combined Universities – 1986.
Co investigator in randomized multi center international trials on:
• Liposomal Doxrubicin Vs. Doxorubicin in Metastatic Breast Cancer
• Tamoxifen Vs. Droloxifen in Metastatic Breast Cancer.
• Immediate Past President- ASI,Telangana
• Secretary , IASO
• Joint Secretary- Hyderabad Surgeons society
• Hony President- Ostomy Association of India
• Patron-Association of Gynae Oncologists of India
• International Society of Parenteral and enteral nutrition
• Scientific advisor…Guidelines on Cancer nutrition
• Advisor & Proctor in PACE Foundation for Surgical skill enhancement
• Advisor,Energy tools development for minimal access surgery
• Member, ICMR Task force on Cervical Cancer
• Chief Patron – Hockey Warangal
•Honorary Fellowship in Minimal access Surgery(FMAS) from AMASI
•Honorary Member-Brazilian society of Surgical Oncology
• Senior Hockey Nationals – 1987.
• B2 division and Zonals .. Hyderabad Cricket Association
• Captained Kakatiya University & South Zone Combined Universities – 1986.
Awards & Acheivements Recieved
Publications & Awards :
• Ghatge Memorial Oration – IMA Hyderabad 2004
• NBK Reddy Oration-ASI NELLORE
• Suguna MemorialOration, Karimnagar
• Sajja Sudhakar Memorial oration, Chirala
• Dr.Sirish.K.Bhansali oration- ASICON 2014 ,Ahmedabad
•Dr.NBK Reddy Oration_ASI ,AP Chapter,Rajahmundry,2015 Dr.Saroj Gupta
•Memorial Oration-East Zone IASO Zonal conference.Kolkota 2015
• 40 Live Operative workshops across the country
• Proctor for Surgical trainees across the country
• 45 Publications in National and International Journals
• 46 Reviewer for Journals in Surgical Oncology