Dr. Rakesh Pinninti
Qualification : MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Medical Oncology)
Experience: 3 Years
- Medical Oncology
- Adult Solid Tumor Medical Oncology;
- Lung Cancers,
- GI Malignancies,
- Leukemia (Acute and Chronic),
- Breast Cancer
- MBBS – Kempegowda Institute of Medical sciences (KIMS)Bangalore, Karnataka.
- MD (Internal medicine) – Govt Stanley Medical College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Speciality Training (DM in Oncology) – Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), Mumbai
- Specialist Registrar – Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Center, Aganampudi, Visakhapatnam
Work Experience :
- Junior Resident – Dept of Medical oncology Bangalore institute of Oncology (BIO), Bangalore June 2007 – Feb 2008.
- Senior resident – Dept of Medical oncology, Global hospital Chennai, June 2012 – Jan 2013
- Senior resident (Trainee Resident) – DM medical oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), Mumbai, August 2013- July 2016.
- Specialist Registrar – Dept of Medical oncology, Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Aganampudi, Visakhapatnam
- Consultant Medical Oncologya) Yashoda superspeciality Hospitals, Somajiguda, Hyderabad,b) MNJ Cancer hospital and Regional cancer center
Awards & Acheivements Recieved
- Awarded Developing Nations Travel Award for the ESMO 18th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer 29 June – 2 July 2016 in Barcelona, Spain. “Maintenance chemotherapy or Observation alone following Gemcitabine-Platinum combination palliative chemotherapy in locally advanced and/or metastatic gallbladder cancer – a single tertiary care centre experience in south Asia”.
- Best Oral presentation and Grant Awarded – Young ICON Activity in 34th ICON, Hyderabad 11-13th March 2016. “Outcomes of Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma treated with Vinblastine based chemotherapy (CHVbP-Cyclophosphamide; Adriamycin; Vinblastine and Prednisolone)”.
- Awarded Travel grant for Best poster –ESMO Asia Congress 2015. “Metronomic chemotherapy in platinum insensitive failures and/ or early failures post multimodality management in oral cancers – JOINT ISMPO ISO CONFERENCE 2015”.
- Presented at numerous conferences, seminars, and symposia during my tenure as Senior Resident at Govt Stanley Medical College, Chennai and Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Moderated numerous post-graduate clinical case discussions during my tenure as Senior Resident at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Active participant in clinical seminars at Vizag Cancer club, consisting of faculty members and consultants from the 6 cancer centers in the city of Visakapatnam.
- Preceptorship training in procedures in molecular biology at Molecular Laboratory in Tata Memorial hospital.
Awarded ESMO travel Grant for ESMO Preceptorship on GI Cancers (Singapore, 14-16 November 2017)
- DURING MD TRAINING –
- Ameen KH, Pinninti R, Jami S. Aceclofenac induced Stevens-Johnson/toxic epidermal necrolysis overlap syndrome. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2013 Jan;4(1):69-71.
- Ameen KH, Pinninti R. A rare cause for primary amenorrhoea. J Hum Reprod Sci. 2012 May;5(2):218-20. Sci. 2015 Oct-Dec;8(4):247.
- Pinninti R, Pandichelvan R, Ameen KH. Emphysematous pyelonephritis: Presenting as diabetic ketoacidosis. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2012 Mar;16 Suppl 1:S126-7.
- Pinninti R, Thirulogachandar E, Ameen KH. An interesting clinical association of short neck with an unusual laryngeal anomaly. J Craniovertebr Junction Spine. 2011 Jul;2(2):86-8.
DURING DM TRAINING –
- Noronha V, Pinninti R, Joshi A, Prabhash K. Renal impairment in prostate cancer: A close look is important. Indian J Cancer 2015;52:113.
- Patil VM, Noronha V, Joshi A, Pinninti R, Dhumal S, Bhattacharjee A, Prabhash K. Metronomic chemotherapy in platinum-insensitive failures and/or early failures postmultimodality management in oral cancers. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2015 Jul-Sep;36(3):161-5.
- Naronha V, Pinninti R, Joshi A, Prabhash K. Chemotherapy for obstructive atelectasis in nonsmall cell lung cancer: Is this a treatment option?. Indian J Cancer 2015;52:368-9
- Noronha V, Pinninti R, Patil VM, Joshi A, Prabhash K. Lung cancer in the Indian subcontinent. South Asian J Cancer. 2016 Jul-Sep;5(3):95-103.
- Ramaswamy A, Ostwal V, Pinninti R, Banavali S et al. Gemcitabine-cisplatin versus gemcitabine-oxaliplatin doublet chemotherapy in advanced gallbladder cancers: a match pair analysis. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2017 Feb 14.
- Ostwal V, Pinninti R, Ramaswamy A, Banavali S et al. Treatment of advanced Gall bladder cancer in the real world—can continuation chemotherapy improve outcomes?. J Gastrointest Oncol 2017;8(2):368-376