DR. M.V.T.KRISHNA MOHAN
Qualification: MBBS, DNB (Med), DM(Med. Onc)
Experience: 12+ Years
Senior Consultant in Medical Oncology. Enthusiastic and energetic. Proficient in Telugu, English and Hindi languages, he is good at communication and is keen to help patients/families to understand and decide about the disease status and treatment plan in the most practical way.
He graduated from the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College. He did his post-graduation in DNB General Medicine from Nizam’s Institute of medical sciences, Hyderabad. He did his super speciality training (DM in Medical Oncology) in Medical Oncology at NIMS, Hyderabad and passed out with distinction. He has several academic achievements during Postgraduate and post doctoral education. In addition, he served as the president and secretary of the Resident Doctors Association at NIMS, Hyderabad during his residency.
Additionally qualified with certification in Palliative care under IAPC, Certified in ICH and GCP for clinical research, Professional diploma in clinical research, Certificate in Medical Oncology from European Society of Medical Oncology and several others.
He worked as Senior Resident in Medical Oncology for a year at NIMS, Hyderabad before pursuing DM in Medical Oncology. He joined as a consultant in Medical Oncology at Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute in September of 2010 and continues to serve patients of all categories with equal care and compassion.
He has a rich experience in clinical research and had been principal investigator and co-investigator in several multi centre international and national clinical trials.
He has participated in several medical conferences and delivered lectures in several forums as invited faculty. He is an active member in professional bodies of regional and national importance. He has vast experience in conducting Public meetings spreading cancer awareness as well as writing in print and electronic media.
He has published 30 papers in national and international journals.
Special interests and hobbies:
He is interested in clinical research and Tobacco cessation. Apart from being an untiring doctor, he is a fitness enthusiast and an avid runner had run several marathons and look forward to running for a cause!
Principal and Co-Investigator in several quality international and national multi centric clinical trials.
Memberships and affiliations:
- Life member, Association of Physicians of India. (API)
- Life member, Medical Oncology Forum, Andhra Pradesh.
- Life member, Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
- Life member, Indian Medical Association. (IMA)
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO Membership ID 151157)
- Member, European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO Id: 291344)
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences, India (MNAMS)
- Life Member, Indian Co-operative Oncology Network (ICON)
- Member, International CML Foundation
- Member, Multinational Association for Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC)
- Member, Molecular Oncology Society, India.
- Member, International Association for Study on Lung Cancer (IASLC)
Awards & Acheivements Recieved
- Published several articles in national and international journals.
- Participated as faculty in several academic conferences at regional and national level.