Dr. Harjot Kaur Bajwa
Qualification: DNB (Radiation Oncology), AROI, ABS Fellow in Brachytherapy(UCSF, USA)
Experience: 5+ Years
Areas of Specialization:
RADIATION ONCOLOGY, GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY, BRACHYTHERAPY
Dr. Harjot Kaur Bajwa is a Consultant Radiation oncologist and Brachytherapy specialist, with a particular focus on gynaecological, head and neck and prostate cancer brachytherapy
After completing her training at Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, she completed her Fellowship in Interstitial Brachytherapy at the world-renowned University of California San Francisco, USA under the supervision of Professor I- Chow Hsu. After completing her fellowship, she took charge of the Brachytherapy division at the Department of Radiation Oncology, BIACHRI and has been working in implementing world-class brachytherapy services at the institute. The institute now offers the most advanced brachytherapy techniques including image-guided brachytherapy and trans-rectal ultrasound-based interstitial brachytherapy for various cancers.
Dr. Harjot has a prolific research record with numerous peer-reviewed publications and many oral presentations at national and international meetings. Apart from being awarded the AROI- American Brachytherapy Society fellowship at UCSF, USA, she has also been a visiting scholar at the prestigious Washington University, St Louis. She has received numerous meritorious Awards at national conferences including the best oral paper at the Indian Brachytherapy Society conference 2015, GC Pant Young Oncologist Award for best paper at AROICON 2017 and the second most innovative brachytherapy video at Indian Brachytherapy Society workshop 2015. She is also a reviewer for oncology articles under Elsevier publications. At BIACHRI, Dr. Harjot leads clinical research focused on brachytherapy techniques in various cancers and is working on making advanced brachytherapy services available to patients at affordable cost.
1. Dosimetric predictors of acute bone marrow toxicity in carcinoma cervix – experience from a tertiary cancer center in India. Rohith Singareddy, Harjot Kaur Bajwa, Mahendra M Reddy, Krishnam Raju Alluri. Reports of Practical Oncology and Radiotherapy 2021, Volume 26, Number 2, pages: 259–265. DOI: 10.5603/RPOR.a2021.0039
2. Outcomes of Free hand Interstitial Brachytherapy in advanced Gynaecologic malignancies. Harjot Kaur Bajwa, Rohith Singareddy, A Krishnam Raju. Brachytherapy. Sep-Oct 2020 issue, Vol.19, Issue 5, p669-673. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2020.04.010
3. Development of an Indigenous Low Cost Multichannel Cylinder Applicator for Vaginal Tumors. Harjot Kaur Bajwa, Rohith Singareddy, A Krishnam Raju et al. Brachytherapy. Sep-Oct 2020 issue, Vol.19, Issue 5, p674-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2020.05.001
4. Carcinoma vulva patterns of recurrence and treatment outcomes: A single‑institution experience. Rohith Singareddy, Harjot Kaur Bajwa, A Krishnam Raju, Mahendra M Reddy, Rajeev G. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics (JCRT), Oct- Dec 2019 issue, Vol.15, p1328-31. doi: 10.4103/jcrt.JCRT_44_18
5. High Dose Rate Interstitial Brachytherapy In Oral Cancer – Its Impact On Quality Of Life. Harjot Kaur Bajwa, Rohith Singareddy, A Krishnam Raju. Brachytherapy. May – June 2016 issue, Vol. 15, Issue 3, p381-386. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2016.02.002
6. Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma Of The Salivary Gland – Long Term Outcomes From A Tertiary Cancer Center In India. Harjot Kaur Bajwa, Rohith Singareddy, A Krishnam Raju, Mahendra M Reddy. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-019-01781-0
7. Preoperative Chemoradiation in Carcinoma Esophagus: Experience from a Tertiary Cancer Center in India. Harjot Kaur Bajwa, Rohith Singareddy, Mahendra M Reddy et al. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2018;39:272-5. http://dx.doi.org/10.4103/ijmpo.ijmpo_16_16
8. Evaluation and validation of IBA I’MatriXX array for patient-specific quality assurance of tomotherapy. N V. N Madhusudhana Sresty, A K Raju, B N Reddy, VC Sahithya, Y Mohmd, G D Kumar, T A Kumar, T Rushdi, S Aparna, G D Prasad, Harjot Kaur Bajwa. J Med Phys 2019;44:222-7. DOI: 10.4103/jmp.JMP_11_19
9. Selection of patient for gated treatment based on the information from 4DCT imaging in stereotactic body radiotherapy of non small cell lung cancer. NVN Madhusudhana Sresty, A.Krishnam Raju, Harjot Kaur Bajwa et al. Journal of Radiotherapy in practice. Nov 2018. 1-5. 10.1017. doi:10.1017/S1460396918000614
10. CT and MRI based Gross Target Volume comparison in vestibular schwannomas. Bhudevi Sowbhagya N. Kulkarni, Harjot Kaur Bajwa, Rohith Singareddy et al. Reports of Practical Oncology and Radiotherapy. May – June 2017; Volume 22(3), p193-200.