Dr Sushma Konduri
Qualification: DA DNB ( Anaesthesiology)
Experience: 10+ Years
Difficult airway, onco anaesthesia, obstetric anaesthesia and critical care
Dr Sushma Konduri has 10 years of experience spanning many areas – in the Department of Anaesthesiology and critical care, formerly as registrar at Indo-American Cancer Institute, Hyderabad and Associate Professor at Apollo Medical College, Hyderabad. She graduated from Gandhi medical college, and did her post-graduation in Anaesthesiology from Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences and senior residency in Anaesthesiology and critical care from Kamineni Hospitals Hyderabad.
Dr Sushma is presently working as a Consultant Anaesthesiologist and Critical care specialist in Basvatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute Hyderabad. Having very deep expertise in her area she has individually managed advanced complicated open, laparoscopy, robotic surgeries pertaining to various specialities like oncology, urology, neurosurgery, paediatric surgery, Head and Neck Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Breast Surgery, Gastro and Gynaecological surgeries. She is passionate about thoracic oncological surgeries, paediatric surgeries, managing difficult airways with VLS /Fibre optics, Ultrasonography(USG) guided regional blocks and image-guided vascular access (viz paediatric central lines, PICC line).She skillfully assists the emergency team during the resuscitation events.
She has deep expertise in providing excellent perioperative critical care to patients and successfully manages complicated postoperative patients ensuring the best outcome for them. Also, she has expertise in providing effective pain care in palliative setup. Academically she is involved in various research activities and published articles in national and international journals, participated as faculty in conducting paediatric, oncology workshops and state conference and as an Associate Professor was involved in teaching postgraduates and undergraduates.
- COMPARISON OF SERUM LACTATE AND BASE EXCESS IN PREDICTING THE SURVIVAL OUTCOME IN POLYTRAUMA PATIENTS. Indian Journal of Clinical Anaesthesia, 2017;49(1): 118-121
- EFFECT OF PREANESTHETIC MEDICATION CLONIDINE Vs GABAPENTIN ON HEMODYNAMIC RESPONSES FOLLOWING LARYNGOSCOPY AND TRACHEAL INTUBATION: A COMPARITIVE STUDY MedPulse-International Journal of Anesthesiology,Volume 8 Issue 3 – December 2018
- INTRODUCTORY SESSION TO DIRECT LARYNGOSCOPY AND ENDOTRACHEAL INTUBATION FOR MEDICAL INTERNS: IS VIDEO-LARYNGOSCOPY A USEFUL TEACHING AID? Journal of Research and Innovation in Anesthesia, Volume 7 Issue 1 (January–June 2022)
- Presented a poster at “International Critical Care Congress And Annual Conference Of Indian Society Of Critical Care Medicine – CRITICARE 2010” titled ‘Comparative Evaluation Of Serum Lactate And Base Excess As Early Prognostic Predictors In Cases Of Polytrauma’ in February 2010 at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- Presented a poster at “International Critical Care Congress And Annual Conference Of Indian Society Of Critical Care Medicine – CRITICARE 2010” titled ‘Arterial Blood Gas Analysis As An Early Predictor Of Fat Embolism In Isolated Long Bone Fractures’ in February 2010 at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.