Experience: 16+ Years
- Head and Neck Oncology,
- Skull base,
- Parotid and facial nerve rehabilitation
- Voice restorative /conservative surgery in laryngopharyngeal cancer,
- Laser head and neck surgeries,
- Head and Neck Oncoreconstruction
- IMA( Indian Medical Association)
- AOI (Association of Otorhinolaryngology of India)
- FHNO (Federation of Head and Neck Oncology)
- SWCR (Society for Wound Care and Research)
- Assistant Professor in the Dept. of ENT & Head and Neck – From 2-2-2005 to 31-07-2006 Mamata Medical College, Khammam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- The Dept. of Plastic Surgery, SVIMS, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh from 1-08-2006 to 31-07-07.
- Worked as a Lecturer in the Dept. of Surgical Oncology, SVIMS, Tirupati, A.P, India since 01-08-2007 to 31.07.09 (2 years)
- Worked as a resident fellow (MCh) in the Dept of Head and Neck Surgical Oncology, AIMS, Kochi, India from 01-08-2009 to 31.07.2012(3 yrs)
- A Clinical Study of Fungal Rhino Sinusitis – during residency in Otorhinolaryngology and head and neck
- A Clinical Study of Role of Super Oxidized Solution in Wound Management- done in plastic surgery while doing fellowship
- Clinical trials in Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, India including
-Chemo-prevention of oral premalignant lesions using Curcumin
-Lymphoscintigraphy for the evaluation of nodal metastasis of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma
-Photodynamic therapy in Head and Neck Cancers
- Ultrasonographic assessment of thickness of tumour in carcinoma of tongue and correlation with lymphnodal status at Basavatarakam Indoamerican Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Hyderabad, India.
- Selective Level VI neck dissection in well differentiated carcinoma thyroid
- Selective neck dissection(I-IV) Vs Modified Radical Neck dissection(I-V) in carcinoma oral cavity with N+ status: Multicentric Prospective randomized controlled study
- Prospective non randomized controlled study for T3 carcinoma postcricoid: Surgery Vs, Nonsurgical modality.
- Lingual nerve block after wide glossectomy: A pilot study
- Presented a paper at 22nd A.P E.N.T Conference held on 12, 13,14th of September 2003, at Bhimavaram, ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA and was awarded GOLD MEDAL for the best paper.
- “Dr.G.S.V.Prasad Travel Fellowship Award” for the year 2002.
- “Vishal Surgical Travel Fellowship Award” for the year 2003.
- GOLD MEDAL for the best paper in 10th FHNO- IFNOS Conference held in October 2010, at Bangalore, INDIA.
- UICC- ICRETT fellowship award: Attended Dept of ENT and head and Neck surgery, university of Kiel, Germany for transoral laser surgery for head and neck malignancies.
- BNP Paribas – NCCS fellowship from National Cancer Center Singapore – Aril 2013
- Oral Hybrid Verrucous Carcinoma: A clinical Study: Sandhya Gokavarapu, L. M. Chandrasekhara Rao.S, Uma Sankar Tantravahi, Sandhya Devi Gundimeda, T. Subramaneshwar Rao, Sudha Murthy; Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology, DOI 10.1007/s13193-014-0345-0,August 2014
- Neck flaps in oral cavity reconstruction : Kunal Mangale, Parag Watve, Nagendra Kadapa, Munish Mahajan, L. M. Chandrasekhara Rao. S, T. Subramanyeshwar Rao, Austral – Asian Journal of Cancer ISSN-0972-2556, Vol. 13, No. 3, July 2014, pp 113 – 117
- Nasal endoscope: an armamentarium in the management of sinonasal inverted papilloma. Nagendra P B Kadapa, L Sudarshan Reddy, Venkataram Reddy,P Kumuda, M Vishnu Vardhan Reddy, L M S Chandra Sekhara Rao; Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery (Impact Factor: 0.05). 06/2014; 66(2):200-4. DOI: 10.1007/s12070-014-0716-4
- Postcricoid carcinoma: Is organ preservation justified in T3? Nagendra Kadapa, Kunal Mangale, Parag Watve, L. M. Chandrasekhara Rao S, A. K. Raju, T. Subramanyeshwar Rao; The Laryngoscope . 07/2014; DOI: 10.1002/lary.24846
- Margin status in oral cancer: Requirement for Reassessment. Sandhya Gokavarapu, Nagendra Kadapa, L M Chandrasekhara Rao, Ravi Chander, Satyajit Wadje, Kabir Rehmani, Sudha Murthy, T Subramaneshwar Rao; Oral Oncology . 04/2014; DOI: 10.1016/j.oraloncology.2014.03.012
- N.P.B.Kadapa, L.S.Reddy,R.Swamy.kumuda, MVV.Reddy, L.M.C.S.Rao: Synovial Sarcoma Oropharynx -A case report and review of literature,Indian J Surgical oncol.,DOI 10.1007/s13193-013-0285-0
- Outcomes of Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Flap in Female Patients for Oral Cavity Defect Reconstruction.Jena A, Patnayak R, Sharan R, Reddy SK, Manilal B, Rao LM.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013 Aug 11
- Orbital floor reconstruction with free flaps after Maxillectomy leela mohan CSR. Smapthirao, Krishna kumar thankappan, et al Craniomaxillofac and Trauma Reconstruction Accpeted April 2012
- Propeller Flaps in the Closure of Free Fibula Flap Donor Site Skin Defects. Sharma M, Balasubramanian D, Thankappan K, Sampathirao CL, Mathew J, Chavre S, Iyer S. Ann Plast Surg. 2013 Jan 28.
- Tensor fascia lata-iliac crest-internal oblique free flap for composite orbito-maxillary defect with orbital exenteration. Iyer S, Thankappan K, Kuriakose MA, Sampathirao LM, Mathew J, Sharma M. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2012 Dec 13
- Oncologic and functional outcome of the preserved eye in malignant sinonasal tumors. Rajapurkar M, Thankappan K, Sampathirao LM, Kuriakose MA, Iyer S. Head Neck. 2012 Sep 13
- Rashmi Patnayak, Amitabh Jena, M Kumaraswamy Reddy, Amit kumar Chowhan, LM Chandrasekhara Rao.S, NRukhamangadha. Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma of Nasal Cavity: Journal of Laboratory Physicians-vol 2 / Issue2-July 2010
- LM Chandrasekhar Rao.S, Ravi Chittoria, A clinical study of fungal rhinosinusitis: our experience – Journal SWCR 2009 ;1(1): 23-30.
- Mutheswaraih Yootla, S.Venkataraman, LM Chandrasekhara Rao.S, BVijayalaxmidevi A clinical study of hand infections: our experience – Journal SWCR 2008 ;1(1): 39-43.
- S.Venkataraman,LM ChandrasekharaRao.S, Amitabh Jena Mutheswaraih Yutla, Ravi Chittoria Prospective randomized, clinical trial to study the efficacy of biological memebrane in management of diabetic foot ulcer – Journal SWCR 2008 ;1(1): 15-21.
- LM ChandrasekharaRao.S, S.Venkataraman, Amitabh Jena Mutheswaraih Yutla, Ravi Chittoria Prospective randomized, clinical trial to study the efficacy of oxidized water in wound preparation for definite reconstruction – Journal SWCR 2008 ;1(1): 9-14.
- Ravi Chittoria, Mutheswaraih Yootla LM Chandrasekhar Rao.S, S.Venkataraman Role of Super Oxidized Solution in Diabetic foot ulcers- Nepal Med Coll J. 2007 Jun;9(2):125-8.
- Ravi Chittoria, LM Chandrasekhar Rao.S, S.Venkataraman Plastic Surgery for PG entrance, published in 2007
- LM ChandrasekharaRao.S, Jayaprakash reddy, Kabir D 2nd Branchial fistula- A case report –A.P ENT, Sept 2003
- Contributed a chapter (Evaluation and Management of Neck Metastasis) for the post-graduate teaching book published by the FHNO during the AHEAD 2012, a post-graduate teaching course in head and neck oncology at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin and a similar programme held by Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India.
- Reliability of Incision Biopsy for Diagnosis of Oral Verrucous Carcinoma: A Multivariate Clinicopathological Study: Sandhya Gokavarapu, L. M. Chandrasekhara Rao, Sujit Chau Patnaik, Nagendra Parvataneni, K. V. V. N. Raju, Ravi Chander, K. A. Jeevan Kumar:Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery., 10.1007/s12663-014-0715-8
- Prognostic Value of Frozen Section in T1, T2 Carcinoma of Oral Cavity: Sandhya Gokavarapu, L. M. Chandrasekhara Rao, Sujit Chau Patnaik, Nagendra Parvataneni, K. V. V. N. Raju, Ravi ChanderIndian., Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery., 10.1007/s12070-014-0783-6
- Revision of margin under frozen section control: retrospective study on 90 T1, T2 oral cancer patients. :Sandhya.G, L.M.Chandrasekhara Rao.S, Sannapanenei Krishnaiah,T Subramaneshwar Rao, JOMS-AP(1),July 2014.