BIACH&RI firmly believes that Medical Education & research as well as high quality clinical services are the necessary components of a reputed Medical Institution. The doctors, Nurses and paramedical staff during their training in various authorized courses available in academic units of the Institute support clinical services during their training and help to meet the requirements of the Institute after completion of their training and degree/diploma. With this in view, BIACH&RI has obtained necessary authorization/accreditation for post graduate diploma super-speciality/general specialty courses for post graduate/graduate doctors, nurses and paramedical staff.
A well equipped in-house research lab working in tandem with clinicians has added advantage of ready availability of research medium in the form of tissue and other human samples as also the observations, insight and knowledge of clinicians obtained during their day to day medical work. It can help in giving leads to new research projects towards discoveries of new drugs or/and diagnostic and treatment modalities.
Indo-American College of Nursing is being established with a philosophy to educate and train nurses on a higher level and on a wider basis not only with regard to quality of nursing practice service and nursing education but also with the human values and vision to meet the changing health needs of the society.
The programme will prepare Competent Leaders (Nursing Staff) capable of creative and pioneer work for the progress in the field of nursing profession.
To prepare First Level Nurse Managers who can give quality nursing care in promotion of health care delivery system and take up the responsibility in Nursing Service, Education and Research.
The Hospital and College are housed in a vast eco-friendly campus with excellent ambience on Road No. 14, Banjara Hills, in the heart of Hyderabad City, where a scenery can be viewed in front-KBR International Park. It is well connected to the prime areas in the twin cities i.e. Hyderabad and Secunderabad. It is only 3 Kms from the busy Punjagutta Junction, 20 Kms from Rajiv Gandhi Intenational Airport and hardly 10 Kms from Hyderabad and Secunderabad Railway Stations. All modes of road transportation are available to the institution from various parts of the city.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing i.e BSc. Nursing Degree Course will be totally 4 years including 6 months of internship prescribed by Indian Nursing Council (INC), New Delhi.
Indo-American College of Nursing is approved by Indian Nursing Council and AP State Nursing Council and affiliated to Dr N. T. R. University of Health Sciences.
The details of the course content are as follows
1. Nursing Foundations
9. Introduction to Computers
5. Medical Surgical Nursing (Adult including geriatrics) - 1
6. Community Health Nursing - I
7. Communication and Educational Technology
1. Medical Surgical Nursing (Adult including geriatrics) II
2. Child Health Nursing
3. Mental Health Nursing
4. Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
1. Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
2. Community Health Nursing-II
3. Nursing Research & Statistics
4. Management of Nursing Services and Education
Each student should undergo the practical training in wards based on the following subjects
1. All students admitted in the college must observe the rules and regulations that may be framed from time to time by the college authorities.
2. All students are expected to maintain absolute self-discipline in the college campus.
3. Student should comply with the grooming standards of the college.
4. Students must respect and be obedient to all members of the staff as well as managing authorities of the college. The management has every right to ask the students to discontinue the course on the basis of absenteeism and indiscipline behavior.
5. Students should carry their identity cards at all times and produce the same when required.
6. Each student is responsible for the proper handling and safe custody of any apparatus or equipment that she may be using. In case of any damage or loss to the college property through misuse or negligence, the student shall have to pay the cost of repair or replacement.
7. The students should present themselves in their respective classrooms/ laboratories 5 minutes before the commencement of the lecture/ demonstration. Every student will have to attend all theory and practical classes. They are not supposed to leave the college premises without permission of the Principal. In case of illness, permission will have to be obtained from the Principal for obtaining leave.
8. Students are advised not to proceed on leave without permission of the Principal, otherwise they will have to pay Rs. 100/- per day during the period of their unauthorized leave. They will have to report daily at college roll call.
9. All dues should be cleared before the examination.
10. Use of cell phones, pagers etc., is not allowed inside the college campus.
11. The Principal of the college reserves the right to rusticate any student found indulging in acts prejudicial to the interest of the college or involved in gross indiscipline or immoral acts.
12. Students are instructed to keep their rooms clean and tidy. Warden of the hostel may check the rooms at any time. If found guilty, the erring student may be warned or punished.
1. Joining the mess of the hostel is compulsory.
2. Students are instructed to keep their rooms clean and tidy.
3. Students should not keep any medicines in their rooms except during illness.
4. No visitors should be entertained by the students during college hours without the permission of the concerned authority.
5. Parents/ guardians of the students are permitted to meet the students during the prescribed visiting hours. All Saturdays from 1 PM to 6 PM and all Sundays from 10 AM to 6 PM.
6. In case of appointment of local guardians, their entire personal data along with photograph will have to be submitted.
7. Students shall not accept any gifts or money from patients or their relatives or sponsors or visitors for any service or favour.
8. An outgoing and incoming register will be kept with the warden at the hostel. Each student must enter when going out and coming in individually.
The candidate should have completed 17 years and must not exceed 35 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission. SC/ST candidates can have relaxation in age as per INC norms.
Selection of the candidates will be based on the merit of the entrance examination followed by personal interview by the selection committee.