Dr K Sushmaa
Qualification: DA DNB ( Anaesthesiology)
Experience: 5+ Years
Difficult airway, onco anaesthesia, obstetric anaesthesia and critical care
Dr Sushma Konduri graduated in medical education from Gandhi medical college, further pursued her post-graduation in Anaesthesiology from Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences and senior residency in Anaesthesiology and critical care from Kamineni Hospitals Hyderabad. She has work experience of 10 years in the Department of Anaesthesiology and critical care, formerly as registrar at Indo-American Cancer Institute, Hyderabad and Assistant Professor at Apollo Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr Suahmaa is presently working as a Consultant Anaesthesiologist and Critical care specialist in Basvatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute Hyderabad. Excelled, expertise in my subject have individually managed advanced complicated open, laparoscopy, robotic surgeries pertaining to various specialities like oncology, urology, neurosurgery, paediatric surgery, Head and Neck Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Breast Surgery, Gastro and Gynaecological surgeries etc. The special areas of interest are been oncological surgery, paediatric surgeries, managing difficult airways with VLS /Fibreoptics, Ultrasonography(USG) guided regional blocks and image-guided vascular access (viz paediatric central lines, PICC line). I am also experienced and successfully involved with the emergency team during the resuscitation of various emergencies.
She has experience in providing excellent perioperative critical care to the patients and is well experienced in successfully managing complicated postoperative patients ensuring the best outcome from them. Also, she has expertise in providing effective pain care in palliative setup.
Academically she is involved in various research activities and published articles in national and international journals, participated as faculty in conducting paediatric and oncology workshops and as an Assistant Professor was involved in teaching postgraduates and undergraduates.
1. COMPARISON OF SERUM LACTATE AND BASE EXCESS IN PREDICTING THE SURVIVAL OUTCOME IN POLYTRAUMA PATIENTS. Indian Journal of Clinical Anaesthesia, 2017;49(1): 118-121
2. EFFECT OF PREANESTHETIC MEDICATION CLONIDINE Vs GABAPENTIN ON HEMODYNAMIC RESPONSES FOLLOWING LARYNGOSCOPY AND TRACHEAL INTUBATION: A COMPARITIVE STUDY MedPulse-International Journal of Anesthesiology,Volume 8 Issue 3 – December 2018
3. Ongoing research work- VIDEOLARYNGOSCOPY ASSISTED LEARNING OF ENDOTRACHEAL INTUBATION: A RANDOMIZED TRIAL
4. Presented a poster at “International Critical Care Congress And Annual Conference Of Indian Society Of Critical Care Medicine – CRITICARE 2010” titled ‘Comparative Evaluation Of Serum Lactate And Base Excess As Early Prognostic Predictors In Cases Of Polytrauma’ in February 2010 at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
5. Presented a poster at “International Critical Care Congress And Annual Conference Of Indian Society Of Critical Care Medicine – CRITICARE 2010” titled ‘Arterial Blood Gas Analysis As An Early Predictor Of Fat Embolism In Isolated Long Bone Fractures’ in February 2010 at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.